Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sleep over!

One of the great things about living close to grandparents (in our case, my parents) is that sometimes they'll let their grandchildren spend the night at their house. Or, in some beautiful cases, the entire weekend. TinyDancer has gotten quite used to spending the night at Grandma and Grandpa's house about once a month or so. She even has her own suitcase for such occasions and she packs it herself. It's one of the things that I love about living so close to family. I never got the opportunity to spend a lot of one-on-one time with my Grandparents and I am so glad that we were able to move close enough to one set of our parents so that our girls can have that. If only we could convince Stranger's parents to move closer....... 8 )

Until this weekend, EasternStar has taken naps at Grandma's house, but never spent the night. So, this weekend, she had her first sleep over at Grandma and Grandpa's and she did awesome! Stranger and I got some much needed grown-up time and the girls got spoiled by their grandparents for almost 24 hours. I was a little curious as to how EasternStar would do going to bed - at home she will only sleep in her crib in her room for naps and at night but she's used to their pack & play for naps at their house. I'm so glad that she did great.

Umm......mom and dad - when can we schedule the next one? 8 )

No comments: