Sunday, July 26, 2009

Shower for my nephew

We had a baby shower for my sister this weekend. I'd never been the host of a shower before. Wow! That was a lot of work! My sister lives about 1.5 hours away and the shower was held an another persons house since most of her ILs live close to her. Most of our family doesn't live locally so most of the guests were from her husband's side and her friends. So at least I didn't have to worry about the cleaning too! 8 )

Here are some pictures:


The mom to be with our mom


TinyDancer and Grandma
This was TinyDancer's first shower. I don't think that it was *as* fun as she thought it would be. With about 30 minutes to go, she whispered in my ear "Can we leave now??" It was a long day - we got there about an hour early to get the food warmed up and everything set up and she was the only child there. Plus, the house we were in wasn't very "kid friendly" (I didn't even think about that part beforehand!) - it was full of statues and knick knacks. I was constantly saying "Don't touch that" "Don't play with that you'll scratch it" "Put that down". Not much fun for her!

TinyDancer and Mommy



Me and my sister


The food -
Sun-Dried Tomato and Cream Cheese Pinwheels
Sausage Balls


Vegetable Tray


Pigs in a Blanket



Fruit Tray

And for dessert - baby cupcakes!


Happy Babies!

And Sad Babies!



The punch - my favorite!



I love the tiny punch cups!
The backup photographer -

TinyDancer's plate of food:

We had to stop at Chick-fil-A on the way home to get her a "snack" since this was all she ate - several pigs in a blanket and two cupcakes. Yup - nutrition is number one at our house! 8 )
And lastly - our gift to my sister -
The diaper cake

No comments: