Thursday, August 6, 2009

Today's artwork

Thursday seems to be our day to hang out at home and do art projects. Here are the two that we did today:

1. Sponge Balls - kind of like water balloons only you can reuse them! 8 ) I followed the directions in the August 2009 Family Fun magazine to make these. I also found directions at one of the blogs that I like - http://www.momadvice.com/blog/2009/05/play-it-again-momma-sponge-ball-fun.htm.
TinyDancer had fun picking which colors we should use together.


Sponge Balls



2. A cardstock horse - TinyDancer's Aunt N. sent her a package and inside was a book called "I want to be a Princess" and inside were all kind of fun princess things (crowns, stickers, a sash!) and directions on how to make some princess crafts - a magic mirror, a horse, and a few other things. There is also a story. Today we made the horse and tomorrow we are making the magic mirror.


Horse - that is a long tail and a long mane! 8 )

And our craft from last week - paper flowers. I can't remember where we got this one from - I think from the back of one of her princess books -

Paper flowers


Paper flowers - closeup

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I love her horse...I didn't even know that was in the book!!!

Can't wait to see you guys!

Auntie N.

Heather said...

I love the sponge balls! (hee hee)