Monday, October 25, 2010

A trip to the pumpkin patch

We signed up to join a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) farm this summer. Every Thursday we picked up a bag of fresh produce from the farm at our local farmer's market. The farm invited all of their customers (are we "share" holders?) to the farm for a day to see where they grow our stuff and to pick out pumpkins from their pumpkin patch.



After reviewing my photos, I didn't get that many. Hmmm......must have something to do with these three kids that keep following me around! Here's what I did get:





Everyone loves inflatables, right?
Our first stop was their hay barn. I guess that's what it was. A big barn - full of hay. 8 ) They had bales of hay spread out to make a track and little tricycles that the kids could ride around on. One of my girls was too big and one of my girls was too little.

Too big, huh? Not on your life!


If only I could reach the pedals!





There was also a maze made out of hay bales and some hay bales that you could climb on. EasternStar wasn't too sure about walking on the hay. I think she was a little unsure because it was slippery and uneven. She's not too keen on uneven surfaces. She was willing to climb up and take a picture with Daddy though.
Cheese!




Then we went to the animal barn. TinyDancer deemed this "stinky" and insisted that we leave immediately. 8 )
They had pony rides, but EasternStar is terrified of ponies (up close, but she likes to look at them from far away) and TinyDancer is still reeling from almost falling off of the horse the last time that she rode one (don't get me started on that debacle). So, if was off to wait for the tractor ride. Don't the look excited to be waiting for the tractor?

Wheeeeeeeen is it going to beeeee heeeeerrrreeeee?
Can't you just hear them? 8 )


RainbowBaby was not excited at all to be on the tractor ride:

You can't take a baby on a hay ride!


It was fun to see the farm and to pick our pumpkins fresh off of the vine. Somehow, I don't have a picture of the pumpkins. Guess you'll have to wait for Halloween and see them carved. 8 )

No comments: