Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow Day!

TinyDancer's school was closed today because of the snow, so by default, I was off of work today. We had a pretty fun day - we stayed in our jammies until around 10:00 and then we went outside to play in the snow. If you've been to our house, you know that we live towards the bottom of a hill. In my continued quest for Parent of the Year, we tried to sled down the sidewalk of said hill - but alas, it did not work. I don't know if we didn't have enought snow (~4") or if the hill isn't steep enough. It works pretty good for a bike though.....hmmmm..... Maybe tomorrow it will work better since we are supposed to get some sleet and ice accumulation overnight. That ought to slick things up a bit! 8 ) Then we did some fingerpainting with one of her friends. I did not realize that two girls + 6 tiny pots of fingerpaint + 1 bowl of water = such a big mess! But, it was fun and they helped clean up so, all is good. She was all worn out tonight!

And I guess that the getting up at 4:40 everyday for Boot Camp is starting to pay off - my ski pants were much looser today when I put them on than when we went to the pony parade in December. Woo hoo!

No comments: